I found this great link on the WantWords blog and I would like to share it with my readers as well.
The terminology and linguistics section of the EU bookshop features interesting publications for language specialists and some of these resources are free and downloadable as .pdf files. After some browsing through the list of available publications, I have downloaded and I am definitely considering reading or using the following:
- Report on language management strategies and best practice in European SMEs (a description of language management strategies used by SMEs for improving their efficiency in business)
- A veterinary multilingual thesaurus (although published in 1979, given the highly specialized field the thesaurus covers I think it is very useful)
- Translating for a multilingual community (a brochure describing how the translation activities for the EU work, especially interested if you want to work as a translator for the EU)
- A history of the translation activity at the European Commission (how the DGT was set up and how it developed in the first 50 years of its existence)
- The Status of the Translation Profession in the European Union (I wrote a review of this report here)